Saturday, May 29, 2010

Orchard Chicken Sandwich

K, I saw the ad for the Orchard Chicken Sub at Subway and thought it looked delicious so I had to buy it (I totally fall for commercials!)

It was delicious! So I looked up the recipe for the filling so we could make it at home.

(I stole this picture from the subway website because I forgot to take my own picture of the sandwiches we made.)



makes 6 large sandwiches

3 cups diced cooked chicken
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup diced celery
2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup diced apple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

toppings:
lettuce
pickles
honey mustard

Preparation:

- Combine the chicken, cranberries, celery, onion, apple, (and walnuts)
- In a small bowl combine 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Stir into the chicken, adding more mayonnaise as needed and for taste. - Line bread or rolls with toppings and spread chicken salad on the bread or serve the chicken salad on lettuce-lined plates.

1 comment:

  1. I heard this ad on the radio and thought it sounded good. We'll have to try it. If you were here we'd be eating lots of yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete