Thursday, July 1, 2010

Banana Bread

I was craving Banana Bread the other day so I looked for the easiest recipe I could find. It called for mayonaise, so I was a bit skeptical but I tried it anyway. It was YUMMY!!


I made it in a mini loaf pan, so they turned out super cute!

Banana Bread
makes 8 mini loaves

2/3 cup Mayo
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
(if you don't have yogurt, you can use a full cup mayo and 1 tsp vanilla flavour)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Combine yogurt, mayo and bananas in large bowl.
Mix flour, sugar and baking soda.
Add to banana mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)

Scoop into greased mini loaf pan, or a 9x5-inch loaf pan.

Bake on 350F until until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes clean. (about 1 hour for the loaf pan or 25 minutes for the mini loaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment